Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lights, Camera, ACTION!

Time to get this baby started! Well, My name is Emma, and this is my blog. My blah blog. That's what I'm calling it. Anyways, I thought I'd let you get to know me a little better. Here's some more things that you can't read about in my profile:

My favorite pastime is probably either Sims, reading, blogging, or emailing, which I check regularly. *Hint hint* I also enjoy updating my myspace and xanga. If you're interested in that, here are the sites:

xanga.com/silasred19

myspace.com/mctiggersbounce (you may not be able to look at this. Request my friendship first)

As you can probably tell, I completely detest, hate, ect. the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie. However, the first one is my favorite movie and I watch and quote it often.

"Me, I'm just honest. It's honest men you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to look out for, because you can never tell when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid." -Captain Jack Sparrow

I also LOVE to read. If you were to look into my room, the first thing you would see would probably be, well actually my bed, then my books. There are books all over. On the bookshelf, my computer desk, floor (bad of me, but hey, I like to read on the floor. Is that a problem?), dresser, side table, bed, everywhere. My favorite books probably include the Harry Potter series (can't wait for the 7th one to come out on 7/7/07!!!!), Sharon Creech books (Bloomability, Chasing Redbird, and Walk Two Moons are my favorites of that section), True colors series, Diary of a Teenage Girl Series, Series of Unfortunate Events, the list goes on and on. Roald Dahl books are also very, very good. So are Beverly Cleary books. OH! And Gail Carson Levine books are my favorites too! Like Ella Enchanted, OHHHHH my gosh!!! I LOVE it! (The movie sucks) -.- sorry if I offended anybody. I wasn't trying to. Like I said, the list goes on and on and on.

Music, sweet music. I love music. I play clarinet, and love it dearly. I used to play piano, and I want to play violin, but I love (and will always love) clarinet the best. I'm involved in marching, pep, and concert band, but marching band is my favorite. The trips and people are well worth it. Now, music I like to listen to... Switchfoot is a must listen! Then I also like Relient K, Hellogoodbye, Showbread, Mama Class Elliot ^.^, House of Heroes, Flylef, Superchic[k], Family Force 5, and a whole bunch more. I HEART MUSIC!!!

Movies and Tv shows. Well I don't really watch too much tv, but I do LOVE LOST, the most awesome show in the world. I also like Heroes, House, Alias (remind me again why they canceled it?), Prison Break, and occasionally Little House on the Prairie. Haha. Movies I like, well there's a lot. But I already told you my favorite, then I also like the Lord of the Rings, Benny and Joon, Rain Man, Cars, Finding Nemo, Independence Day, and the classic Disney's.

I believe that the only ones that really matter are these: What a man can do and what a man can't do. Sorry I just couldn't resist. I started typing what I was really going to say and it ended up as a quote. Sorry!

I believe that the only people that really matter are friends and family. Acquaintances are nice, but who really needs them? And EVERYONE can do without enemies. Friends are for secrets, parties, back-ups, unboredom sources, sleepovers, and understanding talking items. However, my friends do not listen to me. Perhaps it is because I usually talk about random things, but now they never listen to me, important or not. Only if I want to tell them a juicy secret. That's when they start paying attention. It makes me so mad.

My heroes include Kermit the Frog. It must be so hard to be green. Haha. My dad, mom, and siblings are also heroes. I know that sounds mushy, but I do love them. I also must say that Mavis Beacon is my hero. She taught me how to type. Haha. Yeah, right. She tried, at least. I also love my Funny, Rachel, and Sarah. You guys are the best! And I’ll always love you. Anybody that writes a good book or song is probably my hero. Mrs. Scott and Mrs. Thomas, the two L.A. teachers that inspired me to write, are probably my heroes. Ah, let’s see. I will always love Superman.

I would love to meet Mama Class Eliot, but seeing as she’s probably dead, I can’t, can I? Sorry, I don’t know if she really is dead. But I’d like to meet my favorite singers and groups, Simon Cowell because he’s awesome and honest, my favorite actors and actresses, and Albert Einstein.

Now I must ask you all a question: Is George Washington STILL important? I don’t think he is anymore. I’m not saying that he was never important, but what is he doing now? Rotting? Seriously, he’s not doing anything for us now, is he? It’s insane. My cousin and I got into a big old debate over this and finally got the whole family involved on Christmas. So please answer me somehow. You can always comment or email me.

Okay, so now that you know me, I'd like to start out by saying that I think everyone is awesome! Okay, not everyone. I just don't know what to type.

Here's a story I've been working on. I'll only give you a little bit. And I'll put THIS story in blue. Here it is:

Learning to Breathe

~~♥Violet♥~~

I looked at her with hopeful eyes as I asked my question. "So do you think he likes me? Or maybe he just wanted to know about Chloe... What do you think?" I searched my friends thoughtful eyes for a moment and felt a sinking feeling as she looked at a loss for words.
"I don't know, Violet. I think maybe he wanted to know if Chloe was real, but likes you so he didn't know if he should say anything. Or maybe it’s the opposite and he hates you. Or even maybe he was just looking for evidence or something. I don't know!" she shrugged, her voice becoming louder as she pronounced her last three words which echoed in my head.
I rolled my eyes as I replied, "Thanks, Cassie. That helped A LOT," I said sarcastically.
She grinned, but said nothing.
"No, really. I'm really feelin' confident now, Cassie! It's WAY narrowed down. Now all that's left is... Let's see... ALL my choices! Gosh, don't you have anything more encouraging to say???" I waved my hands furiously through the air and stuck out my neck as I spoke.
Cassie just said sheepishly, “Well, sorry! You’re the one that asked in the first place. And we both know that I’m not that up-to-date with all the love-life things. Okay?”
I saw the hurt in my friend’s eyes and said, “Yeah, you’re right. I’m sorry. It’s just that I want to know! Why do guys make it so dang difficult?”
I leaned back onto my black and white comforter and placed my arm under my head full of brown hair. Sighing, I replayed that night in my mind.
It was as if it was yesterday, even though it was over two years now. I was in the Christmas Pageant at church with Josh, me Mary, him Joseph. And I remember, looking at him as the spotlight shone on him, I realized how hott he was. He was perfect, hott, buff, nice, funny- everything I look for in a guy. Oh, and his eyes! They’re light blue, snowflake blue, and icy blue all mixed together. You get so lost in those eyes, I swear.
“Earth to Vi! Vi, c’mon. Does it really matter that much?” I opened my eyes to find Cassie close to my face, her hands flashing before me.
“Trying to kiss me, huh? Gosh, Cassie didn’t know you were THAT way.” I teased.
She threw a pillow at me and before long we were on to a different subject.
“So what do you think about the play? Are you going to audition?” she asked me.
I moaned. I hated this topic. “I don’t know. I don’t even think I can sing, Cassie!”
Cassie gave me one of those ‘C’mon, we both know you’re not THAT stupid’ looks.
“Yeah, right, Vi. If I could sing like you, I’d be on Broadway by now.”
Rolling my eyes, I sat up and looked her straight in the eye.
“But, Cassie, what if you’re wrong?” I asked. “What if it’s just one of those things that no one can be right by?”
She sighed and took my hand. “Come on,” she said, yanking on my arm.
“What? Where are we going?” I asked, bewildered.
Yanking on my arm harder still, she said, “Well if you don’t believe me, then I’m gonna take you to someone who you will believe,”
“Cassie? CASSIE?? Where are you taking me??”
She grinned and kept walking, dragging me along with her. Soon we were out in the hallway, and she turned at Josh’s door. That’s when I realized…
“CASSIE! No! We are going straight back to your room and sitting down on your bed and talking calmly about this! We are NOT asking him! Come on!” But she was already knocking.
“Hey, Josh? I need to ask you something. You there? C’mon. This is really important!” Cassie said as she banged on the door once again. “JOSH!”
Suddenly I saw the doorknob turning, and soon it was opened.
“What do you want, sis?” Josh asked his sister. My eyes melted at the sight of him. “What’s so important that you need to interrupt my guitar practice?” His eyes found me, a blushing 15 year old, his little sister’s best friend. “Oh, hey there, Violet,” he added as my insides became mush.
“Thanks for coming out, Josh, but we need to ask you a question,” Cassie told her big brother. “Come into my room real quick.”
“That’s okay. You guys can come in here,” Josh suggested. Oh. My. Gosh. I was actually going into Josh Bryant’s room! As we stepped in, I was careful to notice every detail. Even the unmade bed made it’s way into my memory. “Now, what’s that big question?” He asked. Ah! The sound of his voice sent shivers down my arms.
“Sing, Vi. We need to know if she’s a good singer or not.” Cassie told him, and then added, “Sing!”
Taking a deep breath, I began to sing my favorite song by Anna Natick:

“2 AM and she calls me cause I’m still awake
Can you help me unravel my latest mistake?
I don’t love him, winter just wasn’t my season.
Yeah we walk through the doors, so accusing their eyes,
Like they have any right at all to criticize
Hypocrites. We’re all here for the very same reason.

“No you can’t jump the track, we’re like cars on the cable
And life’s like an hour glass glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button now,
So cradle your head in your hands…
And breathe, just breathe. Oh, breath, just breath.

“May he turn 21 on the base at Fort Bliss,
‘Just a day’ he says down to the flask on his fist
‘Ain’t been sober, since maybe October of last year
And us folks in town know he’s been down for a while
But my God it’s so beautiful when the boy smiles,
Wanna hold him, or maybe I’ll just sing about it

“No you can’t jump the track, we’re like cars on the cable
And life’s like an hour glass glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button now,
So cradle your head in your hands…
And breathe, just breathe. Oh, breath, just breath.

“There’s a light at each end of this tunnel oh, yeah
And you’re just as far in as you’ll ever be out
And these mistakes you’ve made you’ll just make them again
If you only try turning around

“2 AM and I’m still awake, writing a song
If I get all down on paper its no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I’m naked in front of the crown
Cause these words are my diary screaming out loud
And I know that you’ll use them however you want to

“Cause you can’t jump the track we’re like cars on the cable and
Life’s like an hour glass glued to the table.
No one can find the rewind button now,
So sing it if you understand
And breathe, just breathe.
Oh, breathe, just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe.”

I ended shaking slightly as Josh appraised me for a few seconds. Suddenly, he sat up and rested his head on his fist and said, “Wanna be in my band?” I could’ve screamed. Actually, I did. I jumped up and hugged him, but soon let go as I realized who I was hugging. Then I turned back to Cassie and hugged her.
After all my moronic hugging was over, I turned to Josh. “Do you really mean it?” I asked, “Do you really think I’m that good? And do you really want a girl in your band?”
“You betcha! And I’ll give you private lessons since you’re just our next door neighbor and my little sister’s best friend. The guys will love you. You have a great voice, and you’re cute. We’re practicing on Wednesdays together. You in?” He asked. I could’ve died right there.
Lots of blushing and agreeing later, I was in the band and having one of the best nights of my life. Not only was I in a band, but it was my crush’s band and he called me CUTE! Oh, yeah, and I can sing! Ah, life is good. As I walked home, I dreamed about what it would be like if Josh ever asked me out. Would I share my first kiss with him? Or maybe I’d get married to him. Well, we are kinda young, and he is older. It’s only one year older, though. We’ll see… we’ll see.

No comments: