Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bleeeaaahhh.... Gross.

Hello, imaginary readers. How are you all today? Well, I must say that I am completely horrible. The reason for this is because I am feeling horribly sick. Although I tried to go home from school early, my dear old mum said that I have to actually stay "one more period" before I can call home if I feel worse or the same. I felt worse. The problem is, my French teacher wouldn't exactly let me go. She kept saying, "Okay, just a minute" until I had waited exactly 40 minutes (or however long a period is). Since it was the last period, I just figured I would be able to wait it out, with only 40 minutes to go. It seemed pretty pointless just to call with only that little of time left. I wish I had called. On the bus, (because, yes, I still ride the bus. I'm not 16 yet!) my friend was yelling in my ear, not on purpose, but it was so hard to hear that she had to. My other friend was just being incredibly horrible and purposly annoying me and shouting in my ear. Did I mention I had a really bad headache? Well, I did. I need glasses, so I had a minimal headache until my friends and the hallway made it worse. My mom's not even home right now, but when she gets home, I'm really gonna let her have it. Okay, not really, but I am going to let her know just how much pain she caused me.

I am sorry for throwing this all on you, imaginary readers. I just want to let out my feelings--- and my barf. Bye!

Storytime! Continuation of yesterday's story:

*~~~Next Day~~~*
“Honey! Come on, or you’ll be late for school!”
Groan. I hate school. “Do I really have to go today, mom? I’m not feeling so well…” I shouted back in a tired voice. Wait. If I play sick, then I won’t be able to go to Cassie’s tonight. And then it struck me. I was in Josh Bryant’s band! And he thought I was a good singer! “Uh, mom! I’m not feeling so sick anymore. Maybe it was just a little morning fever type thing.” Ha. I surprise myself sometimes.
Mom knocked on my bedroom door and came in. Rolling her eyes at what I had last said, she teased, “Nice try, Violet. Now get your butt off of your bed and get dressed. Someone’s here for you. I think they wanted to drive you to school. Better hurry up!”
“Okay, okay! Who is it?” I asked.
“You’ll see when you’re dressed. Now chop, chop little fishy!”
Rolling my eyes, I closed the door and changed into pretty sweet clothes. Or at least I think they are. But anyway, when I was done changing, I stumbled into the bathroom. Since I had such a short time to do anything with it, I pushed my hair into a short ponytail. Grabbing my backpack, I raced downstairs to find Josh waiting for me. I don’t think I’ve ever blushed more in my life.
“It’s about time, girl!” Cassie emerged from behind Josh with a huge smile on her face. “Since you’re an official member of Josh’s band, and I’m your official best friend, Josh is taking us pipsqueaks to school!”
I smiled and muttered a thanks to Josh, grabbed Cassie’s arm, and tore out of the house. “How could you let him do that? You know I like him. No, you know I love him! What were you thinking?”
Grinning at me, she just mumbled, “Here comes your prince charming. Better stop shouting at me; your face gets all red when you do that. Plus, he wouldn’t like seeing the newest member of his band being prude to his little sister!”
I glared at her, then turned around to face Josh. “Sorry about that. But I’m like always trying to get to school on time…” I trailed off. He must think I’m a weirdo.
“Hey, that’s okay. I have a buddy like that. But he’s worse.” Josh laughed, eyes sparkling.
“Really?” I asked. I wanted to meet this person. “Who might that be?”
“Oh, his name is Edgar,” Weird name, that’s a turn-off. “but he’s really nice. He’s in the band, ya know. You might remember him? He plays drums,” Josh explained as we all got into the car.
I had watched the band with Cassie before, but then I just watched Josh the whole time; I had no idea who he was talking about as a result.
“Uh, yeah! I remember him! Nice guy…” I lied.
We chatted all the way to school; it seemed as though we had everything in common. Poor Cassie was just sitting there stuck looking a shopping catalog. Well, I guess that’s not that bad, since she absolutely loves shopping. As we walked into the school building, Josh told me he had to depart, since his first class was on the other side of the school. I pretended that I didn’t know this already; I did.
The day went slowly until lunch; that went even slower. I don’t know who was blushing harder, me or Chucky the Clown, and he has make-up on that makes it look redder. Sitting with Misty, Cassie, Sophie, Zack, Kara, Jordan, Danny, and Matt, I was doing fine. Laughing and joking around, I felt someone brush against me as they sat down; I turned to look who it was. Yeah. It was Josh.
“Hey, Violet! How are you?” he asked me, having no idea what he was doing to me.
“I, um, I’m good, thanks. And you?” I replied, my throat going dry. I could feel my face burning, and tried to cool it down by thinking of ice and cold things. Didn’t work.
“I’m pretty good too,” he said. “So tonight we’re having practice, and I wanted to point all of the band members out to you.” Pointing at Zack he said, “That’s Zack, but seeing that he sits with you guys, I’m sure you two already know each other. He plays keyboard, if you don’t know already.”
He turned around and pointed at another member. I blessed his fingers.
“That there is Ben. He plays guitar, like me. There’s Ed, and I told you about him earlier. Plays drums.”
Edgar was extremely attractive; he had blonde long hair that was pulled back in a ponytail. Although I couldn’t see the color, his eyes were almond-shaped and had long eyelashes above them. Suddenly my already blushing face grew redder as he turned to look at me. He smiled and waved, and I felt my hand automatically rising in response. I could feel Josh’s eyes on me; I had a feeling that he expected me to have a crush on him, but although he was hott, my heart remained with Josh.
“Is that it?” I asked Josh after an awkward silence.
“Um, no, actually,” Josh said, “That’s Rob, he’s in charge of all the technical stuff, and last there’s Sam. She’s the only girl except for you, but she does a heck of a job with the bass. And that’s it. Do you have any questions?”
“Uh, no! Thanks, Josh; it’s great to finally see everyone in your band!” But there was actually one question: Did he like me?

~~♥Josh♥~~

I couldn’t help but think that she liked him. Almost every girl in Harrison High did. He was the top dog, the one any girl would fall for. And he was my best friend.
When I pointed Ed out to Violet, I had a sinking feeling as I watched her studying him for a couple of minutes, and then when he waved, her face went red. She liked him, and had given up on me. I could’ve hit myself. Why hadn’t I asked her out? Ah, that’s right. She’s my sister’s best friend. ‘Not available’ was written all over her.

~~♥Violet♥~~

I wondered what he thought of me. I mean, he has to think I like Edgar now, even though I don’t. Oh, well. Even before all of this, he probably just thought of me as his little sister’s best friend. For the rest of lunch, Josh sat there, joking with us and swiping some of Cassie and Zack’s food. I should’ve acted natural, but I was frozen there in my seat. We’ve all had those moments when everything was so tense that we can hardly move, and this was one of them.
After a VERY long lunch period, it was off to Algebra for me. This was my one bad class; I’ve never gotten over a B- in it. Even though Mr. Matthews was talking, I couldn’t, and wasn’t trying to pay attention. My mind was on band practice that night. How would I do? Will I end up embarrassing myself? Was Josh trying to embarrass me, and I wasn’t a good singer? Ah, I was so confused.

No comments: