Monday, April 30, 2007

Hello Again!

Okay, so I'm back after about a week. Sorry 'bout that imaginary readers! So anyway, I've been doing pretty much what I usually do. You know, laying around, reading, writting, doing nothing. The usual. But then something happened! My friend and I went on a walk (I'm not telling you where or you will think that I am gothic or something) and decided that we should do it like, everyday so we can get in shape. So today we were going to go there (the place we went yesterday) again and find a spot we could sit and talk and write and whatnot. But her mom is going crazy today because of her children. You see, she took them to the zoo, and they kept dragging her across the zoo, and it was just crazy (or so I hear). So when poor Ashly gets home, she almost gets her head chopped off for calling me (it's long distance, even though I live a few blocks away). Then, when her mom tells her to be home by five, we decide that if Ash wants to keep her head, she should probably be home exactly on time. And so we took a very short walk. Fun. But everything is back to normal! Yay! I suppose that's kind of a boring blog entry, so I will also tell you what I did yesterday. And perhaps the day before.

Yesterday, I went to church. Well, let me tell you, it is crazy to be at our church with a sore throat, singing, coughing, and playing four-square. That's what I was doing. I was playing four-squaire after I ate with my friends, because my sister had a donation-lunch thing to raise moolah for a mission trip she's doing this summer. Anyway, I had no idea how to play four-square, so my friends taught me, but I was still horrible. Ah, well. I guess it was my first day playing the game.

I like Llamas!

Okay, random, I know. And I'm sorry. But where was I? Ah, yes. Four-square. Well, actually, I'm done with that, so I'll go on to the day before. It was wildly crazy. I woke up, got in the shower, and then my friend came over out of no where. So I was helping my mom get ready for the babyshower that we were going to later that day while talking to my frined. Yes, it was Ashly. So when we left, she left, and then we went on an hour long trip to the baby shower. We get there, I help, eat, and never sit down. Then when we are on our way home, I get a call from the people I was going to babysit for that night and they want me to be there early. Okay, as long as I can get home and get there, I'm good. But no. If I get there on time, I have to go there on the way home. So I got my dinner at Wendy's, although I wasn't really hungry, but I knew I would be if I didn't eat dinner. When I get to their house, it's all perfect- that is until they start to play the Emma-is-a-monster-run-away-from-her! game. Then it gets crazy. I tell them not to go in their parent's room, but they don't listen. I tell them not to go into the basement, they don't listen. Finally, I say that they're all going to bed early. Then they listen. Well, kinda. I do have to carry them upstairs. But that's beside the point. Well, the oldest, who is out of diapers, has to go to the bathroom before he goes to bed. I tell him to, but he says, "No." So I tell him that I will pick him up and place him in the bathroom, even pull down his pants if I have to. So he goes in, doesn't even bother to close the door, and says, "Tinkle, tinkle, tinkle, tinkle tinkle." and he flushes the toliet. He insists that he's done, although I know he's not, so I tell him to do it again. He says no. I say yes. So he goes in, flushes the toliet, and comes right out again. I tell him that he cannot leave the bathroom until he actually pees, and so, finally, he does. When all the kids were in bed (there are 3), I say that the parents owe me a bag of popcorn and some lemonade. I make it. It burns. Darn. Oh, well. Only a little burned. I check on the kids. Oldest awake. I take CD player away. Start Lady and the Tramp, check on kids, oldest awake. I tell him that I will take his light away next time. Watch some more of Lady and the Tramp, check on kids, oldest up playing with trains. Take out light. Tell him I don't want to have to be mean anymore, but I will if I have to. Watch Lady and the Tramp. Thunderstorm. Check on kids. Everyone okay. FINALLY! So I finish the Lady and the Tramp, clean up, and wait. I go home for ten minutes, and then leave to go to a friend's house. Relaxment!

Story time!

*Later that night*
“Okay, everyone!” Josh announced in his bedroom that night. It was so crowded with all the band members and instruments crammed in it. “I’d like you to meet our new band member singing either back-round or lead (I haven’t decided yet), Violet Logan!”
I felt my face burning red as everyone clapped and cheered. As I looked around, I noticed Edgar by the drums, clapping very hard as he grinned goofily at me; I blushed. Suddenly, I felt a hand swooping down on me.
“Welcome to Living Water! I’m Sam,” a girl said as she hugged me. Her hair was short and jet black, and she was wearing all black except for a red ribbon necklace and red Chucks; she was obviously punk.
“Hi, and thanks,” I replied nervously, not sure of what to do. Finally, I looked to Josh, who was staring at me. I assumed that Sam didn’t hug very often.
Shaking his head as if he tried to shake his thoughts out of his mind, he looked at me and said, “Well? Go on, sing!”
“Oh! Well, okay…,” I said, and then sang another song I love by Relient K:

“I think you know what I’m getting at,
I find it so upsetting that
The memories that you select
You keep the bad but the good you just forget

“And even though I’m angry I can still say
I know my heart will break the day
When you peel out and drive away
I can’t believe this happened.

“And all this time I never thought
That all we had would be all for not

“No, I don’t hate you
Don’t want to fight you
Know I’ll always love you
But for now I just don’t like you
Know I don’t hate you
Don’t want to fight you
Know I’ll always love you
But for now I just don’t like you
Cause you took this too far

“Make your decision and don’t you dare think twice
Go with you instincts along with some bad advice
This didn’t turn out the way I thought it would at all
You blame me but some of this is still you fault

“I tried to move you, but you just wouldn’t budge
I tried to hold your hand but you’d rather hold you grudge
I think you know what I’m getting at
You said goodbye and I just don’t want you regretting that

“No, I don’t hate you
Don’t want to fight you
Know I’ll always love you
But for now I just don’t like you
Know I don’t hate you
Don’t want to fight you
Know I’ll always love you
But for now I just don’t like you

“Wisdom always chooses,
These black eyes and these bruises
Over the heartache that they say,
Never completely goes away.

“What happened to us?
I heard it was me we should blame
What happened to us?
Why didn’t you stop me from turning out this way?
And know that I don’t hate you
And know that I don’t want to fight you
And know I’ll always love you,
But right now I just don’t…”

When I finished, silence fell and everyone stood gaping at me. Oh, no, I thought, they hate me. I was right…. Suddenly, there was an outbreak of clapping and cheering and whistling. People were grinning so broadly, it must’ve hurt.
“Josh, you did a good job picking this one; she’s great!” I looked over to see who had said that, but when I did, I immediately regretted it. It was Edgar, and he was looking straight at me, grinning from ear to ear. “Welcome to the band, Violet!”
“Uh, yeah, thanks,” I responded. I was blushing, and I knew it. But it wasn’t because Edgar was talking to me, it was because Josh hadn’t taken his eyes off of me since I had started singing. Maybe he was having second thoughts about inviting me into the band. So I decided to confront him. “Josh, are you sure you want me in your band? I mean, I understand if you don’t want me to be, but-“
“I’m positive,” Josh said, wrapping his arms around me, pulling me into a big hug. “You’re awesome! I just can’t believe I hadn’t seen it earlier.” He grinned down on me and turned to everyone else. “How about instead of rehearsing, we have a little party honoring our newest member, Violet!?”
A cheer was sent through the crowd and we all raced down to Josh’s kitchen and grabbed a slice of pizza; this was obviously planned in advance. Someone hugged me from behind. It was Cassie.
“How are you doing?” she asked, concern filling her eyes.
I grinned at her and said, “Josh is so hott! And I’m doing great, thanks!”
She laughed. “Well, I’m glad you think so, and good!”
My face turned serious as I asked her a question. “Cassie, if Josh ever asked me out, what would you say? Would you be okay with it?”
“Of course! I’d be so happy for you!”
I wrapped her into a quick hug and felt relief come over me. It’s not like Josh would ever really ask me out, but if he did… it was just a relief.
“Okay, everyone! Calm down, settle down!” Josh was calling everyone’s attention to the front. My eyes found him and melted. So much for eye contact! “Well, now that we know our new member,” here Josh smiled his dazzling white smile at me, “I think that we should all just head home and meet again next week.”
As I was stretching out of my chair, Cassie’s mom, Sandy, gave Cassie the phone. “Just a minute, Violet. I’ll be done in a second,” she told me as she walked out of the room. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Josh.
“Hey, since Cassie’s on the phone and she’ll probably take over an hour to get off, can I walk you home?” he asked me, grinning.
Blushing, I agreed. Oh, what was I getting myself into? As we walked out the door, a cool rush of air flew into my hair and blew it into Josh’s face. It was dark now, and a good thing too, because as I apologized over and over, I blushed more than I think I ever have in my life.
“It’s okay, Violet! It’s just the wind! Goodness!” Josh laughed, melting me once again,
“I know, but still!” I laughed right along with him. As we reached my door, he turned to me. My hair was still blowing in the wind slightly, and he noticed this, too. Slowly, making me very nervous, Josh reached his hand up and caught my hair and brushed it behind my ear. Smiling, he said, “Violet, I’m really glad you’re in the band. You’re a great singer. You should be proud!”
“Th-th-thanks! Um, I’m glad, too. It’s a great privilege. Thanks, Josh.” And with that, I tore away from him and ran to the door, opening it.
“Violet!”
“Yeah?”
“Can, can I call you Vi?”
I smiled at him. “Sure, thing! ‘Bye, Josh!”
“Bye!”
~~♥Josh♥~~
I stared at the spot where she had last stood. She had moved away from me so fast. What was my problem? Making moves on her when she now liked my best friend. Shaking my head, I turned and returned to my house, met at the door by Cassie and Ed.
“Josh! Why did you guys leave without me?” Cassie asked.
“We both figured that you’d take over an hour on the phone, that’s all.” I answered her as she rolled her eyes, sighed, and walked away.
Ed turned to me. “Josh, everyone’s gone but me. Can you give me a ride home?”
“Uh, yeah, sure.”
As we headed into the car, I saw Violet’s room light turn on. Gosh, I really do like her. But she’s out of bounds. But maybe if I got permission…
“Uh, Josh? The gas pedal makes the car go, just in case you forgot?” Ed interrupted my thoughts about Violet.
“Oh, right, sorry Ed,” I said as I pressed my foot gently down onto the pedal. We continued in silence for a while, and then Ed spoke.
“So, what do you think of the new band member?” he asked me, eyeing me suspiciously.
“She’s a great singer. And I’ve known her for a while now, She’s a great friend, too.”
“C’mon, Josh, you know what I mean!” Ed turned to me, smiling a little. “I think she’s pretty hott. Do you?”
Crap. This is a nightmare. Soon they’re going to start going out, since they like each other. This is all going wrong! “Uh, yeah, I think she’s cute. Why?”
“Well, I was thinking of asking her out, ya know? I mean, I think she likes me,” he told me. My heart sank.
“I think she likes you too, Ed.” That’s why I’m so depressed. Ha! Like I could tell him that!
“Josh, are you okay?” he asked me.
“Yeah, fine, fine.” I said, beginning to feel like jumping off a cliff.
~~♥Violet♥~~
As soon as I got into the house, I ran to my room, flipped on the light, and flopped on my bed. What happened? One minute I was having a great time laughing beside Josh, the next minute he’s tucking my hair behind my ear! Ah, I’m so confused.

No comments: